Saturday, October 27, 2012

I Can't Wait.


My one and only Perry J,
I’ll finally be back at home with you tomorrow and I can’t wait. This has been the longest 6 days of my life without you! I hope you had a productive week while I was away; mine was quite redundant. It was just up and down the highway to chill in a hospital room every day. But to see the smile on my dad’s face when we walked into his room was totally worth it. You could just tell he needed us there with him for him to feel alright.
He’s recovering quite well but Monday will be the true test. On Monday we will know if and when his feeding tubes can be removed and he’ll be able to swallow and digest properly. If the test doesn't give the expected results he’ll have to have another procedure done to assist in the loosening of that stomach muscle so that food can pass through his system. I really do hate to see him like them; having to leave the hospital each day this week without him coming with us was truly a hard thing to do.
 It was also quite the reflective week for me too in the sense that I honestly do believe that true love is real and necessary in life. To see my parents interact this week has been validation of this; soul mates exist and it’s possible to end up with your very own. I could see that they wanted each other to just be alright and happy and were willing to do whatever it took to ensure it. My mother is diligently doting upon dad making sure he has everything he needs to get his good health back;  my father is helping my mother stay strong and keeping her stress levels down because she needs to be well in order to help him get well. It truly is a beautiful thing to observe quite honestly.
After watching this all week long (and reflecting on how it looked when the roles were reversed during my mother’s own cancer recovery 10+ years ago), I can say that I know you and I would be the same way in this situation and any other that arises. After years of not knowing if it could happen, I do believe that I've found my soul mate in you and I love that I can say it without hesitation. I know that we would go to great lengths to ensure each other’s well-being and that our own personal happiness is contingent upon the happiness we see in each other. I love you PJ, we’re less than a day away from being back together, and although this time apart hurt me deeply because I was missing you, it’s opened up my eyes to what we are destined to be become and I can’t wait.

Love you.


No comments:

Post a Comment