Thursday, October 4, 2012

Organically Us...One Year Later...


There’s this guy I know and I must say, he’s incredible. The smile on my face has been there since our very humble beginnings. I can remember our first conversation quite vividly as if it happened yesterday. Was it 6 hours? it could have been longer. I just know that we were both hating life at work later that day. Only 2 hours of sleep because we just couldn’t hang up the phone. But oh how marvelous our conversation was, full of nothing and yet we covered everything under the sun. It wasn’t the typical “getting to you know” dialogue either, it was more along the lines of “I believe we all live in ‘The Matrix.’” followed by “Oh really? Well, uh…I like shoes, a lot.” Lol. Randomosity was highly prevalent from the very beginning. And if I’m not mistaken, just three days later we spent 8 hours (an overnight shift) in Oovoo video chatting and creating “columns” where we’d add qualities of each other. And it was also on that night that you ask me on our first date…for July 19, 2012 to see The Dark Knight Rises. I said yes, not because I cared to see the movie, but because you saw yourself hanging out with me 9 months in the future. 




I fell in love you and all of your quirks because they somehow made sense coming from you. Coming from anyone else, I’d write him off as crazy and uninteresting, but with you, you’re so comfortable in your own skin, how could I not be comfortable with you as well? I love where our relationship has gone since then, one year later we’re just as happy and in love like we were back then. I smile just as hard when my phone rings just as I did last year. My heart is still “school girl giddy” over you just as it was back then. A quick reflection over what has come from our connection…let’s reminisce:

·        We have profound, philosophical conversations about the simplest of concepts. “Who washes the dishes for the food network stars?” Lol.
·        We still write each other love letters and leave each other cute little notes on the fridge just to say what’s on our minds.
·        We still manage to find at least an hour (usually more) to spend talking to each other on the phone on the night’s we can’t be together.
·        You still entertain my random questions and TRY to validate them with some type of answer just to appease me.
·        We still tell each other “bed time stories” on occasion to fall asleep to.
·        I’m pretty sure we still have “who can use figurative language better?” competitions.
·        We still miss each other immediately after we’re apart.
·        Nia has fallen in love with you just as much as I have. She’s probably more ready for you to marry me than you are. *wink*
·        We have been integrated pretty successfully into each other’s families.

The list goes on and on, but for “only” one year together, that’s a lot to have accomplished. I can only imagine what else is in store for us. So happy “one year but the best year of romance I’ve ever had” anniversary Cuddle Bear. My heart has never known such joy until I met you.  Our love is beyond genuine, it’s all naturally felt and expressed.

Simply put, our love is organically and innately established. I love you.

1 comment:

  1. Happy anniversary kia and "Cuddle Bear" (i know you not by any other name). Kia im glad that you have met someone with stimulating conversation about dish washers, living in the Matrix, and shoes (im all about some shell toe adidas-my kicks). Maybe one day those things will get old, but in the mean time...enjoy and continue with your happiness. You friend.

    ReplyDelete