Saturday, January 5, 2013

New Year Notables

Well, we have said goodbye to another wonderful year together and it was full of beautiful experiences, heartfelt conversations, intense disagreements (just one or two), and a growth of love that neither of us could have ever imagined. Let's flashback for a second shall we?


  • I have seen the bond between Perry and Nia grow and multiply exponentially; she has always liked him, but I think she realized last year that he's the one to keep around. She accepts him and he accepts her for who they are and it really is a beautiful thing to witness as a once single mother. 
  • He did end up receiving the new Violence Prevention position and even better, found great inspiration for his novels in doing so.
  • During his short time in that position, babe landed a new job that's is pretty much directly related to his graduate studies to become a mental health counselor and I couldn't be happier for him.
  • We took 3 trips to the beach last year, which was perfect considering I hadn't been since 2005. 
  • Babe took me to my first professional football game to see my favorite team, the New Orleans Saints, play (and lose) to the Carolina Panthers. 
  • I took him to Baltimore to meet pretty much my entire family and they accepted him with open arms.
  • We moved in together and now we can both call this place "home".
  • We celebrated our first "anniversary" in the most simple way, just spending time together.
The list could go on and on, but based on the year 2012 was, I know that in this new year, 2013, even more wonderful bonds, relationships, experiences and conversations will be taking place.  We have a pretty full agenda we've set for ourselves this year.

  • We'll be sending Nia off to Kindergarten, she's so excited about that. 
  • Nia's ready for us to put our "fancy clothes" on and have a wedding. Although I'm not sure we'll make it to that milestone this year, I do foresee my "title" changing in this relationship from girlfriend to something more. 
  • We're both going to be in another year of graduate school, motivating and supporting each other's professional passions of education and mental health and learning about both. 
  • He'll be working diligently on his novels while...
  • I continue to work on my Resume Business (www.resumerevamping.weebly.com). 
  • We want to write children's books together as well, so hopefully we can get that ball rolling.
  • We're planning another (and hopefully long-term) move to one of the Northern cities of where we work.
  • Getting back to the beach will be great. Because I just KNOW that he's taking me back for my birthday again this year.
Geez, I'm sure we've got more on our agenda that SHOULD get done this year, but there's just no telling with us, we're unpredictable. Happy New Year to you around the world, make it as prosperous and positive as possible!

Love, 
The Platypus Family


No comments:

Post a Comment