Tuesday, September 4, 2012

I Love You Today Because...


We have something called the "I love you today because..." statement. It's not something we give every day, but only when it crosses our mind. If he does something that just sparks the "Damn, I love him" thought, I disclose the reasoning behind it and he does the same. It's a very simple and endearing way to stay interested in each other because it's always not only great to know that you're loved but why you're loved as well. Little does my Perry know, for the past few days I’ve racked up plenty of these, harboring my urges to blurt my random reasons for loving him, specifically for this post. You see, tomorrow is Perry’s birthday. He’ll be 25 years old and I’ve been wondering how to express just how Nia and I love him on his special day. So I saved all of my “I love you today because” statements to compile this special list of all of the things that make him wonderful and lovable.

Perry, I love you today, your 25th birthday, because…

·         Being loved by you is magical, theatrical and fantastically amazing. There is never a dull moment when I'm in your presence. Simple things are all we need to be content with each other. Our moments are special just because we create them with each other.
·         You're so dedicated to what you're passionate about in life. Whether it's your novels, your graduate coursework or our relationship, you always give 100% of yourself because they're what mean the most to you.
·         You're so good with Nia. I don't think I thank you enough for what you do for her and with her. She really does love you, which goes to show how good of heart you have. You love her as your own and let her know just how special she is just by being so active and present in her life. Thank you.
·         Your intellect is incomparable. You have this ability to express yourself so eloquently, with the most colorful vocabulary I've ever known a man to have. Your mind is able to comprehend the most complex of thoughts and your creativity goes beyond the typical human mind.
·         Your affection is natural and from the soul. Every kiss, caress or glance sends the message of how much you love me. You're able to tell me how much you love me without even saying a word. Your actions precede your words to the point where they don't even need to be said.
·         You have this skillful way in which you go about life, so meticulous and thoughtful. You never go into something without having thought about all of the possible outcomes, obstacles and results. You're actually quite organized in that sense; to a certain extent, you know where you want your heart, soul and physical being to end up in life with a unique way of getting there.
·         You're a man of mystery to most, but for me, you're transparent. I can see your heart, your intentions, your motivation, so clearly. You’re open with how you feel about everything when you’re with me and I’m glad that the trust and comfort are there for us to make this a lasting relationship.

Happy birthday Perry My Platypus. This past (almost) a year with you has been the most enchanting, reflective and heart opening I ever could have experienced having with a man and I want the whole world to know just how remarkable you are. You’re awe-inspiring, influential and brilliant, I hope you have a day even a fraction of that today, I love you, now, tomorrow and always.

Love,
Kia (and Nia)



No comments:

Post a Comment